Henri Comoy grew up in St. Claude, France as the son of a pipe maker. He moved to London and founded Comoy pipes with some of his brothers. Their first factory went up in Seven Dials (Cambridge Circus) in the late 1800s. They quickly moved to Newcastle Place in 1895. In the 1960s, Comoy merged with Cadogen Investments, and Cadogen took over in the 1980s.